- Supports the structural system.
- Provides a good source of naturally occurring, plant-sourced calcium.
- May help the body offset acidity.
- Contains prebiotic fibers shown to help increase the absorption of minerals.
- Offers a calcium-rich option to vegetarians.
- Provides 100 mg calcium and 50 mg magnesium per capsule.
How It Works:
Used by the body in a myriad of processes, calcium is most noted for its integral role in promoting bone density and health. Nature's Sea Calcium is derived from Lithothamnium, a hard, brittle red algae that grows off the southwestern coast of Ireland. In these pure, mineral-rich waters, lithothamnium congregates to form large beds of stone-like algae. The seaweeds mineralized matrices contain high concentrations of naturally occurring, plant-sourced calcium along with up to 70 other minerals, including magnesium, boron, copper and zinc. Lithothamnium provides a renewable source as the plant is left undisturbed.
Nature's Sea Calcium has a large surface area and a porous structure, which may increase its bioavailability. This formula contains a proprietary blend of short-chain fructo-oligosaccharides, which, when converted to short-chain fatty acids by beneficial flora in the body, have been shown to improve calcium absorption. This product offers buffering capacity and may help in maintaining normal pH levels. Magnesium aids in the absorption and utilization of calcium in the body.
Calcium, magnesium, short-chain fructo-oligosaccharides and up to 70 naturally occurring trace minerals.
Take 1 capsule with a meal three to four times daily.